The teaching assistant is now essential to enhance the teaching experience in the classroom and building a successful relationship with the teacher is fundamental to being successful in the role.
Whether you are a qualified or unqualified TA and have a lot of experience in schools SHARES are looking to talk to you.
The main duties of a teaching assistant include:
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the class teachers.
- Implementation of Individual Education Plans and help monitor their progress.
- Provide support for individual pupils inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Work with other professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, as necessary.
- Assist class teachers with maintaining pupil records.
- Support with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.