If you are looking for a first teaching post, we hope that you will consider joining us. We greatly value the innovative new ideas and enthusiasm that NQTs contribute and in return, we work hard to provide a programme of support that gives you the best possible start in the profession.
We actively encourage our schools to see that our NQTs are supported through their induction period, with roles that’s last at least 1 term up to someone on a full time contract. This is a responsibility we take very seriously.
As a Newly Qualified teacher at SHARES you will:
- Have a 10% reduction in your timetable
- Be allocated an induction tutor. Typically a senior member of staff in the school who will have had the opportunity of training to support your induction. You may also be allocated a mentor to offer support and guidance on a more informal basis
- Be expected to teach only in the phase or subjects for which you have been trained or applied for
- Have access to a comprehensive programme of professional development opportunities to suit your needs
- Receive regular feedback and support on your performance through a structured programme of monitoring and discussion to help you to reach the induction standard
- Receive 10% planning, preparation and assessment time
“Having recently join SHARES I am impressed with their down to earth service. A nice balance between professional and informal, no question is too small”
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)